Posted by ben on Cabo San Lucas in activities | 0 comments
With the biggest holiday season of the approaching, your holiday plans might be undergoing their last minute transformations before final bookings can be processed. And, if it’s Cabo for Christmas this year, it is an accomplished choice indeed! Cabo_Mexico is a glorious Mexican beach locale that has loads to offer for its tourists. You have beaches, deserts, golf courses, eclectic natural structures and formations, and of course a highly well developed tourism infrastructure for supporting all your needs and requirements.
Christmas Time in Cabo
If you have planned your vacation during Christmas break, remember, its holiday time! Therefore, a locale like Cabo is bound to be buzzing with loads of activity and humungous crowds! So, if you aren’t comfortable brushing shoulders with too many people during your various tours and escapades, this time is best avoided. Christmas time is clearly not suited for savoring private moments in complete peace.
Similarly, owing to the huge demand for Cabo and its various activities, most of the bookings would have to be done in advance. You will need to have your air-tickets finalized and accommodation booked, well in advance. Also, depending on your preferences, you will need to prepare a list of activities you would like to indulge in. Once the list is ready, booking these trips in advance would be best suited. Do not keep anything for the last moment as disappointments may well be on the cards.
How is Christmas in Cabo Like?
Christmas in Cabo is decidedly colorful and complete with activities. The air of celebrations is all around. Special stalls are put up all across the towns of Cabo San Lucas and San Jose Del Cabo. There are special shows organized at the town square and they can be watched for free. Besides, shops would be stocking some of the best displays of local arts and handicraft items around this time. You can explore the terrains of Cabo on foot and choose whichever suits your style and pocket.
Besides, there is also something called the “mass for women” that is organized in churches of Cabo. Being part of a mass of this kind could be an unforgettable experience on various counts. It is completely different from the mass conducted at a usual church. The women sing beautifully and are completely drenched in devotion. Some of them even shed tears! Just watching it would be a worthy experience in many ways. This part of the Cabo culture is truly delightful, in real sense of the word.
Last, but definitely not the least, the climate in Cabo during the Christmas season is bound to be just right. Cabo experiences 365 days of sunshine almost, so there would be plenty of sunlight all around. However, owing to the onset of winters, the heat would be in check. So, you can actually make the most of the pleasant, crisp, and mildly cool climate for all your outdoor experiences. Just make sure you refrain from eating out at wrong places and tank up on enough of fluids before heading to the beaches.
Posted by ben on Cabo San Lucas in activities | 0 comments
The beaches of Cabo San Lucas are easily some of the best in the world and you can always choose to have a great time, indulging in a range of activities extended by these mesmerizing stretches of sun and sand. Apart from simple pleasures like swimming and sunbathing, the beaches in this part of the world are also famous of snorkeling and surfing. Especially, when it comes to snorkeling, Cabo has some of the best spots for indulging in this activity, in and around Mexico.
However, it needs to be understood some of these surfing spots in Cabo are reserved only for professionals, on account of safety concerns. However, beginners could also enjoy their attempts at other befitting spots and try to hone their skills to perfection and even take lessons. However, if you have planned your trip to Cabo for the sole aim of spending most of your time surfing, listed below are some essential tips to be abided by.
Some Tips for Your Cabo Surfing Tour
- The Time of the Trip: Appropriate scheduling of trip is important. Remember, Cabo experiences stormy weather towards the tail end of summer and this brings in voluminous waves to the shore, with more intense conditions for surfing. Whereas this might be a treat for advanced level surfers, beginners should consider planning the travel to Cabo during another season.
- Visit Zippers: The surfing action that takes place at Zippers is easily one of the best that Cabo Offers. This area is reserved only for the expert surfers and is indeed dangerous for amateurs because the waves break directly on the rocky reef. However, even if you are learning to surf, just watching these professional surfers could be a treat.
- Acapulquito for Beginners: As a beginner, one of the best places to head to is Acapulquito. However, the spot could be overflowing with surfing enthusiasts like you, especially through the weekends. So be prepared to share the waves with others here!
- Head to the Santa Lucia de Los Cerritos Beach: This spot is known as Cerritos too. You would have to take a bit of a small drive from the center of Cabo San Lucas to this spot. However, the drive could well be worth it since the waves are consistent here and the atmosphere is truly relaxed.
- Taking Lessons is a Good Idea: You could always taking surfing lessons for getting more and more comfortable in water. Choose hotels in Cabo that offer surfing lessons. You can even learn more by heading to one of the several surf shops located along the beaches. There is an incredible surfing beach near San Jose and closer to the airport from Cabo. Those waves are spectacular.
If you do not care to surf at least swim in the ocean or the Sea of Cortez. Why go to Cabo to lounge around in a swimming pool?
Surfing in Cabo is a truly delightful activity to indulge in. However, it is also important to take note of certain important safety concerns. The sun could be immensely powerful if your trip has been planned in the peak summer season. Therefore, it would be important to apply loads of sunscreen in order to protect yourself from the sun. Consider, tanking up on fluids since the heat could be overpowering at times.
The tourism infrastructure of Cabo San Lucas is highly developed and this is a sure-shot proof of the fact that tourists are more than welcome here! So, if you are planning a trip to Cabo San Lucas, expect a completely friendly environment and absolutely no resistance form locals in particular. They would be more than happy to have you here! After all, tourism is a major industry of Cabo and the more you spend here, the better it is for them!
However, it is always a marvelous idea to learn a bit more about the local ways of life when you heading to a brand new destination. After all, you wouldn’t wish to irk the locals in any way! Listed below are some essential points that could help you in conducting yourself in the most desired fashion possible.
Some Information about the Local Way of Life
Although the law and order scene of Cabo is magnificent compared to other Mexican locales, it is always important to be careful and refrain from befriending strangers. But because of Cabo’s outstanding geographic isolation, Cabo is much safer than Detroit, parts of LA, Chicago, or Northern Mexico. Happy vacationing!
Cabo beaches are some of the best in the world! And the choices provided are immensely varied too! Cabo is flanked by the wild waters of the Pacific and the milder Sea of Cortez, and therefore, the range of activities and extravagances are truly diverse. If you are headed to Cabo this holiday season, it would be essential to plan your Cabo vacations impeccably. Apart from making the most of the beach locales of this gorgeous destination, it would also be essential to explore all the other avenues provided as well! To start with, begin by visiting these popular beach spots!
Beach Hot-Spots of Cabo
- Chileno Beach: If you plan to head to the beaches for indulging in some aquatic splendors, the cool and serene waters of the Chileno Beach would be your ideal pick. This is a perfect place for swimming and snorkeling to your heart’s content. So, if you are traveling with friends who are enthusiasts of aquatic sports and activities, choose this spot as your top pick.
- Cannery Beaches: If you aren’t averse to the idea of brushing shoulders with locals, the Cannery Beaches could be your pick. Your kids can swim here and grab a sight of colorful fishes and corals. You too, could have a great time lounging around in the sun, making a few friends and perhaps even making merry with them!
- Playa Barco Vorado: This one is what you can call as a standard beach spot of Cabo. You will have all the usual tourist friendly features here. So, swim, snorkel, fish and do absolutely whatever your heart wishes. Sunbathing of course is an added plus.
- The Medano Beach: If you have headed to Cabo with your partner, the soft, velvety sands of the Medano Beach should be your ideal destination. Consider indulging in long walks by the beachside and spend some quiet moments in complete privacy. The waters are ideal for swimming as well.
- This beach is not far away from the bus stop or the parking garage either so you it will not take you too long to check out Cinepolis. This is spectacular movie theater and is not in downtown Cabo but a couple of miles away. It is not far and this theater is much better, for many reasons, than the theater nearest to this beach and the marina
- Playa Palmilla: The beach at Palmilla is best suited for those with a specific interest in diving. So, if you have similar interests, consider heading to Palmilla for a great experience. Take your children along as well. They could have a fun time watching the divers!
- Santa Maria: The beach of Santa Maria is for snorkelers. Therefore, if you are fond of snorkeling, do not miss this beachfront for anything in the world.
- The Lover’s Beach or Playa Del Amor: The Lover’s Beach is relatively quieter than most beach spots of Cabo. Consider heading to this beach-spot for swimming, snorkeling, tanning and so on. The delightful El Arco also lies nearby!
Remember, it is prudent to prepare yourself well for Cabo beach outings. For instance, the scorching heat of the sun could prove to be overpowering and harmful for the skin at times. So, arm yourself with loads of sunscreen and use hats and shades. It is also important to remain hydrated at all times. Carrying bottled drinking water wherever you go always helps. Good preparation will always make great holidays!
Cabo San Lucas is quite a magical place to be in with your beloved. The emerald waters are gently kissed by mountains and desert landscapes. This popular holiday destination is perfect for a romantic getaway. Here are some romantic things to do while you’re spending your time in Los Cabos.
- Go on a sunset champagne cruise with your beloved as you watch the sun go down beneath the horizon. Try the Rissalena, Cabo Rey dinner cruises, or the Tropicat Wine and Jazz cruise for a romantic time.
- Pueblo Bonito Pacifica and Nikki Beach at the ME Cabo have comfortable Bali Beds that you can rent for the day as you lounge on the beach and take in the sun with the partner you cherish.
- Cabo has many spectacular beaches that you can spend your entire day in. Take a relaxing stroll hand in hand with your companion at one of the secluded beaches on the Pacific side. If you’d like a more eventful stroll, walk along the busy Medano Beach.
- Rent a water taxi to explore Lover’s Beach. You can rent them on Medano Beach for pretty reasonable rates.
- Take an art walk in San Jose del Cabo as you sip on a delicious glass of wine. The art district here has many wonderful sights to see every Thursday evening at 5pm.
- A couple’s massage is another significant way to spend your time with your beloved in Cabo. There are many hotel spas that allow you to get your massages on the beach as you listen to the sound of the calming waves lap the shores (they are not so calm on divorce beach; do not even think about swimming on divorce beach).
- Rent a private yacht in Cabo to spend the whole day out on the water, just you, and your beloved. There are many fantastic options to choose from, most of which include lunch and other goodies.
- You could also rent a pair of kayaks on Medano Beach and kayak all the way to Lover’s Beach.
- Horseback riding on the beach as you watch the sunset is another amazing way to spend a romantic vacation here. There are many horse riding tours to choose from on San Jose del Cabo beach, Medano Beach as well as some of the Pacific beaches.
- Enjoy a wine tasting at the Los Cabos Winery which is open Monday through Saturday.
- Treat yourselves to the Palmilla Shopping Tour where you can check out the many stores and wares on offer and also get complimentary coupons for lunch as well as discounts and golf offers.
- Dining at the Sunset Da Mona Lisa is quite a romantic experience to say the least. Not only is the food spectacular, the view of the sunset as it descends behind the arch is something else.
- Nikki Beach’s bali beds are the perfect setting for a casual, romantic dinner with that someone special. The moonlit deck area has a personal wait staff that tend to your every need as you immerse yourselves only in each other.
Cabo San Lucas Mexico is a delightful little vacation town that is located at the southern tip of the Baja California peninsula There are many reasons to visit Cabo – the unique landscape, the spectacular beaches, the cuisine, the shopping, art and culture, as well as the amazing golf and great fishing opportunities. Here are some of the best experiences to have when you’re in Cabo San Lucas.
Best Beach – Medano Beach
Medano Beach is said to be one of the best and most popular beaches in Cabo. There’s much to do here on Medano Beach. The 2-mile long beach is lined with restaurants, hotels, and bars here. The street vendors who peddle interesting wares on the beach are a sight to behold.
Best Golf Course – Cabo del Sol
Cabo Del Sol is featured in the Top 100 Courses in the World and is one of the most expensive golf courses in Cabo. Golf Magazine has called the course “one of Nicklaus finest creations” and ace, ex-professional, golfer Jack Nicklaus has called it the ‘best piece of golf property in the world’. This is coming from the golfer who has the most championships or the most major wins of all time. Tiger Woods is working hard to catch him but since Tiger decided to have wife problems he has not won a major and does not seem to be the dominate force he once was.
Many people believe Tiger should have not gotten married since he seems to want to hang out with more than one female.
Best Luxury Hotel – One & Only Palmilla
Palmilla was constructed in 1956 and was the very first beachside resort to be built along the Cabo shoreline. The hotel has seen several renovation projects and re-opened in 2004 as the One & Only Palmilla. At this luxury hotel, you can enjoy privacy, opulence, and world-class service.
Best Live Music Venue – Cabo Wabo Cantina
Stop by Cabo Wabo Cantina, located in the midst of the hustle and bustle of downtown Cabo, to listen to the best live acts perform. New DJs and bands play every week. Head here for the live music, fresh seafood and Mexican fare, as well as a scenic bar and rooftop setting. Try a shot of the local Cabo Wabo tequila.
Best Bar in Cabo – Nikki Beach
Nikki Beach is a fun bar that claims to be ‘the sexiest place on earth’. Plush lounge beds and signature white teepees adorn the beach bar as you lounge away, soak up the sun and sip on mojitos. Watch the Sea of Cortez and the Pacific Ocean glisten in the background, as you dine on delicious sushi, afternoon champagne, and cocktails.
Best Restaurant in Cabo – Deckman’s at Havana
Deckman’s at Havana has an ever-changing menu that features locally sourced organic and fresh ingredients. They have bizarre but interesting combinations of items like the decadent signature pork belly and octopus.
Cabo’s Best Rentals – Sun Cabo
Sun Cabo has an impressive collection of luxury homes and rentals that offer you the complete Cabo experience. Their dedicated team of professionals are committed to help you with every little detail to make your stay comfortable. While most rentals require you to take care of all the details yourself, Sun Cabo goes that extra mile to do your grocery shopping (but what is wrong with going to Sendero Mall and Soriana yourself?; that is a fun experience), and even give you a basket of welcome goodies. You can even enjoy the services of a professional butler.