Cabo Mexico holidays can prove to be truly elaborate. Considering that there are a range of options on offer, there would be pretty much to plan for. Also, if you are traveling with a huge group, there would be pretty much to arrange for including ticket bookings, special needs and requirements if any, booking confirmations and so on. Listed below are some essential steps to undertake when planning your Cabo holidays with your friends and family.
Planning your Cabo Trips: Essential Steps
First Step—Determining the Purpose of the Holiday: Cabo vacations could be planned for various purposes. There is pretty much you can do here! Therefore, the focus of your vacation would have to be determined at the outset. For instance, would you be keen on a Cabo beach holiday or a Mexican golfing vacation? Is sightseeing your prerogative or are you keener on spending some quiet moments exploring the landscape with your partner? These are some of the questions to ask in order to determine your choice of accommodation, activities and other things.
Second Step—Booking Travel and Accommodation: Now that the purpose and focus of your holiday has been determined, it is now time to book your travel and accommodation. What best to do than scour through online deals here! Make sure you visit several trusted deal providers in search of the best and the most cost effective ones possible. Consider bulk discounts if you have a huge group traveling with you. Considering the extreme popularity of Cabo as a tourist resort, there could be scores of deals on offer at a certain point in time. However, it is up to you to be able to choose the right ones that suit your preferences and budgets. Make sure you do not forget to receive confirmation on your bookings. Checking on cancellation and rescheduling procedures would also be prudent.
Third Step—Packing Right: Now that the bookings are done, it would be time to pack. So make sure you haven’t forgotten essential documents including your passport, sun protection gear, light summery clothing, necessary medications and so on. Make sure you have consulted your local consulate for a list of articles that you should not be carrying along for a valid entry into Mexico. Any problems during your customs check at the airport could spoil the mood of your holiday! In case you wish to rent a private car and drive on your own through the picturesque locales of Cabo, your American driving license, if you have one, would suffice. So make sure you carry it along with you when you pack.
Also, you could choose to consult your travel service provider to seek additional advice on stuff you wish to carry. It is always fantastic and suitable to have a travel agent who provides some additional advice for the familiarizing process. This is not the time to make assumptions.
Knowing the Landscape
In addition, once you reach Cabo San Lucas, make sure you keep some local numbers handy. You could keep the number of the nearest police station (they sell some cool hats and t-shirts in their office) and the closest hospital handy in order to tackle emergencies. The local contact point of your travel agent should also remain accessible in case you have queries on arrival.
If you are confused about which location to select for your coveted vacations, Cabo Mexico could prove to be a preferred choice. Irrespective of whether you plan to travel with your family members, friends or your partner alone, Cabo San Lucas vacations would have something in it for everyone. But what makes Cabo vacations special? Why must you prefer it over all others? What could be the primary reasons responsible for making Mexican vacations to Cabo; fun, enjoyable, convenient as well as cost effective? Answers to some of these questions have been provided here for your reference.
Holidays to Cabo: What makes them Special
Some of the prominent specialties of Cabo holidays include:
- Spectacular Weather: Cabo San Lucas is blessed with almost 360 days of sunshine (there is a winter and a summer though). The temperatures remain an ambient 78F for most parts of the year. However, the heat could be overpowering during the months of May to September when the temperature hits the 100F mark (do not forget about the humidity). Hurricanes and storms are occasional and the water temperature of the Sea of Cortez also remains at a very ambient 72F. So, provided the currents aren’t too strong, it is safe for swimming all round the year.
- Convenience of Travel: Whether you are traveling from America or Canada, the travel distances are short. Airlines would be the fastest way of reaching Cabo San Lucas. When you book your tickets, the arrival destination would be Los Cabos International Airport. It is located about 8miles towards the north of the city of San Jose Del Cabo and 29 minutes to the northeast of Cabo San Lucas. Flights that depart to most prominent destinations connect the Los Cabos International Airport to the rest of the world. Hiring taxis from here to Cabo San Lucas could prove to be very expensive. Therefore, it would be prudent to book your ground transportation way ahead in time.
- The Safest Destination of Mexico: Although one off incidents do occur sometimes, Cabo Mexico is by and large safe. Even through dangerous situations have occurred in the past, most were actually preventable. According to the stats furnished by the American Department of Commerce, only about 0.0013% tourists who travel to this part of the world experience non-natural deaths! That’s truly a very small number. However, dropping your guard may not be a good idea at all. If you feel unsafe doing something or going somewhere, it’s best to avoid it. Common safety rules need to be followed at all times.
- Highly Developed Tourism Infrastructure: Cabo San Lucas Mexico is an immensely popular tourist destination. Therefore, there would be a hugely flourishing tourism infrastructure to exploit when you decide to travel to this part of the world. Depending upon the budget you have, you can choose budget properties with bed and breakfast deals, mid ranged hotels or resorts as well as lavish and luxurious properties. Villas, condos and apartments would also be on offer.
A Jewel at the Tip of the Peninsula
And needless to mention, Cabo beach vacations are likely to be the best in the world with loads of activities and fun filled recreational options in store. All you need to do is to pack your bags and head out!
Top Cabo Clubs and Bars
If you are traveling to Cabo Mexico with a group of friends and wish to have a spectacular time, there would be no dearth of options to explore. The clubs and bars in Cabo that come alive during the nighttime are some of the best in Mexico! You can head out in your best attire with your pals in tow and have an amazing time amidst sumptuous food, refreshing drinks, and outstanding music! The top destinations to visit have been listed here for your benefit.
Cabo Clubs and Bars: The Top Choices
- The Cabo Wabo Cantina: This bar, club and restaurant features among the top places to party in Mexico as well as the world. It holds a distinguished status as a great night spot and is said to have introduced the Cabo way of life, as we see it today.
- The Baja Junkie: Positioned as a premier hangout for celebrities at large, The Baja Junkie offers an enjoyable experience shrouded in a funky appeal. Over the years, this favorite Cabo nightspot has earned international fame and features in various reality shows and music videos.
- Club Ninety Six: This one is the finest beach club of Mexico located on the Palmilla Beach. You can enjoy swimming, indulge in your favorite water-sport or simply sip your wine and enjoy the glorious views surrounding the premises.
- El Squid Roe: A nightclub, restaurant, and dance club; El Squid Roe is one of the most crowded places buzzing with life and enlivening the night scene of Cabo San Lucas. Iconic in its own right, it is easily one of the most popular hangouts for those preferring to have a good time dancing away to favorite tunes. So, if you are trying to have a firsthand feel of Cabo nightlife, this one is likely to be your destination.
- Fumari Café and Hookah Bar: If you are looking for a complete chilled out experience, visiting this place would be ideal. You could sip on delicious cocktails, and indulge in a range of hookah flavors including mango, apple, chocolate, vanilla, and berries.
- Happy Ending Cantina: Located at the heart of Cabo’s bar and nightclub district, this place is easily accessible from any Cabo accommodation that you might have chosen. It is handicapped accessible and Wi-Fi can be accessed from over 60 countries. All these unique features make it one of the most preferred destinations of Cabo.
- Harley Davidson: This one is a full-fledged bar that provides the most delicious hamburgers in Cabo. You can drop in for some alcoholic beverages and delicious burgers, making up for a quick meal.
- Knotty: This happens to be one of the newest and hottest inclusions on Cabo’s club scene. It is specifically meant for the young and the enthusiastic travelers heading down to Cabo for having a good time.
- La Mentirosa Bar: For enjoying a purely local atmosphere in San Jose Del Cabo, the La Mentirosa Bar is the best place. You can enjoy the best drinks and culinary delights Baja has to offer, right here.
- La Vista: La Vista is one of the chosen destinations to visit for savoring the views of the Sea of Cortez coupled with trendy cocktails as well as earthy liquors.
A Vacation that Standsout
Depending on your preferences, you can choose your destination for savoring the pleasures of Cabo nightlife in its full glory.
One of the biggest draws to Los Cabos Mexico is its gorgeous climate. And, tourists from countries that primarily experience a cold damp weather for most parts of the year come here in large numbers to soak in the sun and indulge in loads of beach activities. Although it is debated whether Cabo San Lucas experiences 300 or 350 days of flourishing sunshine, primarily, it is sunny territory with the exception of a few storms here and there.
If you are planning a trip to Cabo however, understanding the Cabo climate conditions in greater depths would be essential. Some detailed insights have been provided here for your reference.
Cabo Weather: Prevailing Temperatures
The average temperatures for Cabo San Lucas would hover around 78˚F to about 80˚F during early spring and later fall. During the months of January and February, the temperatures dip to the below 70˚F mark. The temperatures during the night are around 60F and could even be lower at times.
Therefore, you could well do with a light jacket or a cardigan for your evening adventures in Cabo. Summer arrives in the month of May which is when the temperatures tend to touch the 100˚F mark. The nights are cooler at 70˚F to 80˚F. The humidity is at its peak during the tropical storm season that spans through August and September.
Rain and Tropical Storms in Cabo
There isn’t much rain in Los Cabos. It is only about 10 inches per year, coming most likely in September through early October. Sometimes, sudden downpours do cause flashfloods. Tropical storms are prevalent from the month of May to November.
These storms are strong enough for triggering heavy rainfall of about 12mm that lasts for a year. Hurricanes have proved to be pretty destructive in the past as well. Therefore, it would always be advised to pay heed to hurricane warnings and take them seriously when chalking out your travel plans.
Considering that the beaches of Cabo take center-stage during your Cabo holidays, ocean conditions would also have to be checked in order to ensure that you enjoy safe outings by the beach. The water temperatures average around 72˚F. It could increase to the mid 80s during the summer months. Winds are prevalent during the winter months and bring in a hint of the chill.
Climate Related Precautions
Wearing sunscreen always is essential when in Cabo San Lucas. Choose biodegradable compounds for protecting the delicate desert as well as ocean ecosystems. Visitors are also required to pay attention to their alcohol and caffeine intake since these would tend to cause dehydration. Make sure you keep yourself hydrated at all times.
You must consume at least a full gallon of water every day per person. Choose to drink bottled water only. Nothing else is practically safe and traveler’s diarrhea is pretty common here. The local shops would remain closed between 1 and 4 pm for the midday siesta but not the tourist shop (only dentists and businesses of that nature). Therefore, make sure you have enough water bottles in stock to last through.
The climate in Los Cabos is truly gorgeous in true sense of the word.
By all means, Cabo San Lucas in Mexico is a truly gorgeous holiday destination! It is primarily reckoned for its beaches, resplendent natural settings, sporting activities, shopping and of course the culinary pleasures offered by some of the top restaurants in town. However, if this happens the first time you are traveling to Mexico, some essential Cabo San Lucas information would have to be kept handy. Some of these Cabo facts have been provided here for your benefit.
Los Cabos Facts: Frequently Asked Questions
How do I prove citizenship for entering Mexico?
For entering Mexico, you will need to Tourist Card and in order to avail of the same, citizenship would have to be proved. Now, passports are the only accepted ID proofs for air travel. Airline will provide you with the tourist card on verifying passport. However, it would be useful to carry along another photo ID so that you do not have to carry along your passport wherever you go. It would always be a safer option to check on the foreign travel documentation rules applicable for your country, before you head out.
What would the tourist card look like?
The FMM tourist card is the green and white paper that your airlines give to you. It is very important for you to preserve it well. Although you can have a duplicate one issued in case of loss, the process is a painful one. Therefore, keeping it in the security box of your hotel would be best. Hefty fines would be levied if you cannot find it on your way out and most likely you will have to return to immigration which is back in down town Cabo.
Will I be searched on reaching the airport?
When arriving at the Los Cabos International Airport you would be asked to push a button on a stoplight. If the outcome is a green light, you are free to leave without search. If you get a red light your luggage would be searched. Make sure you check rules applicable before arriving. Make sure you have that paper work completed they give you in the airplane.
Are Credit Cards Accepted? Can they be used for withdrawing cash from banks?
The answer is Yes for both questions. All major cards are accepted except Diners and Discover. If you have an Amex card, it may not be accepted by small business houses. Larger shops and business chains will accept it. However, if you are planning to use your card at a restaurant, it would be best to check with the place beforehand whether they accept credit cards or not. All banks would be offering cash advances for your credit cards. ATM machines will provide cash during afterhours as well.
What is the Los Cabos weather like?
For most parts of the year, Los Cabos weather is likely to remain sunny. The average temperature would be around 78˚F. Stormier months that last from August to October do experience occasional rains. Winters would be slightly cooler and waters could be chilly. Late summers however would be extremely hot at about 90˚F and the humidity is tough to bear.
Cabo Mexico vacations could prove to be extremely exhilarating and enjoyable. Just make sure you come to terms with important facts for a convenient experience.
Holidays to Cabo Mexico could prove to be a whole lot of fun. However, owing to the range of options on offer, it would be essential to plan your Cabo vacations well. The idea would be to utilize the fully flourishing tourism infrastructure to the hilt and plan to pack in as much as possible within the available vacation tenure. Listed below are some vital tips that you could use to plan holidays to Cabo Mexico.
Tips to Plan for your Cabo Mexico Holidays
- Advance Bookings: Considering that Cabo San Lucas is a hugely popular tourist resort, crowds are prevalent for most parts of the year. Therefore, booking both your Cabo travels and accommodations in advance would be advisable. And booking online would perhaps be the best bet. Some of the most lucrative deals can be accessed here with ease. You visit as many travel service websites and choose a deal that suits your preferences and your pocket. Also, it would be essential to determine the basic purpose of your holiday before finalizing on Cabo accommodation options. So, if it is a beach vacation consider properties that are closer to some of the coasts of your choice and so on.
- What to Carry: Well, you would always need to a passport to enter Mexico irrespective of the part of the world you are traveling from. So make sure you are carrying your passport and all associated documents necessary. It would be a magnificent idea to check with your local embassy for the necessary requirements. If you have an American driving license, it will be valid in Mexico. Therefore, you can carry it along with you in case there is a plan to drive around the island. If you are on medications, carry just as much as is required for your period of stay. It would also be a great idea to carry loads of sunscreen coupled with shades, light summery outfits, wide brimmed hats, umbrellas, and so on.
- What not to Carry: Well, carrying medication in excess or fire arms, ammunition etc. are all forbidden in Mexico. It’s best to get in touch with your travel agent or conduct some research online yourself for complete guidance on the same. It is not that complicated.
- Cultural and Safety Related Acquaintance: Before you arrive at Cabo, it would be essential to get a hang of the prevailing safety scene as well as the local cultural norms in order to be completely safe. Although Cabo is by far a safe destination, it is important to keep check on pickpockets and refrain from befriending strangers. Keeping to the safer and more crowded pockets during night time is also advisable. As far as culture is concerned, it is always advisable to follow the locals when it comes to attire and etiquettes. Nudity is prohibited.
- Emergency Assistance: It would also be prudent to procure emergency numbers that may come in handy in distress. For instance, depending upon your area of residence, make sure the local police station number is handy. Numbers for emergency medical services must also be kept handy.
Planning Well Pays Off in the End
Cabo holiday planners must also include a complete itinerary of your program that needs to be referred to on arrival. Remember, impeccable planning ensures a hassle free vacation!