The very fact that the Baja Peninsula is something like an “island economy” makes it more expensive in comparison to Mainland Mexico. However, most prices across the Mexican domain have increased over the past years. So in Cabo, you are likely to find richer services, better roads, and more number of resorts offering treated drinkable water and luxurious amenities and facilities and so on.
More Saving, More Presents
So, if you are looking for dirt cheap vacations with no frills and amenities, Cabo San Lucas vacations may not be for you. However, that does not necessarily mean that spending less on Cabo holidays is entirely impossible. Although a basic amount has to be shelled out, there could be several measures to undertake for saving handsomely on your Cabo vacations.
Some Means to Adopt for Cheap Cabo Vacations
- Give the Taxi Ride a Miss: Avoid taxis as much as possible, while you are in Cabo. You could consider taking the Collectivo bus ride instead. Walking down or staying at a property that’s closer to town are also options. If you are staying at a hotel on the Corridor and would be traveling into Cabo on a regular basis, renting a personal car would be cheaper. Car rentals could help in making your vacations more affordable.
- Prebook Airport Shuttles: If you are traveling with small groups, consider prebooking your shuttle transfer from Cabo. Private shuttles prove to be great deals for groups that are larger than 4.
- Stick to the Local Currency: When you stick to pesos, better value in guaranteed. Check to find out if your bank has any agreement with a Mexican bank so that you do not have to pay transaction fees for usage of ATMs. Make sure you stick to ATMs of affiliated banks, standalone ones could end up charging hefty transaction fees.
- Keep Smaller USD Bills: If you still prefer tipping in dollars, consider carrying along bills of smaller denominations. Getting change for larger bills could prove to be problematic. And the exchange rate would often be poor. Although pesos are preferred as local currency, almost any currency can be used as tip.
- Consider Carrying Some Food Stuffs from Home: If you truly wish to save on your Cabo San Lucas vacation, consider carrying along some basic items from home. For instance, you could carry along some snacks, coffee, instant noodles as well as oatmeal and so on. Remember, all of these would be available in Cabo. However, you would certainly have to shell out more! Do not eat at the marina or other high prices areas or restaurants. There are many outstanding restaurants and places to eat in downtown Mexico. Who cares if the street is not paved perfectly!
- Skip Resort Restaurants: Resort restaurants are the most expensive you can come by in Cabo. Stepping out for your food instead, is always a better idea. Consider eating at places like Gordo Lele’s and Salvatores that serve signature Cabo specialties at highly cost effective rates. You could use Trapper’s List for getting to know of the most affordable restaurant deals in the vicinity of your resort.
- Buy Alcohol from Local Grocery Stores: You could consider buying alcohol from the local grocery outlets and refrigerate them before carrying them along to the pool or beach.
Check this Off, Check this Out
There could be several other ways to enjoy your Cabo holidays for cheap. Just make sure you have read up enough and planned your vacation well.