Posted by ben on Cabo San Lucas in cabo san lucas | 0 comments
Cabo could make for a spectacular travel destination for a wide range of holiday types. You could choose to spend romantic outings here or plan a fun filled family vacation. Besides, Cabo also provides ample opportunities for an activity based summer holiday with friends and fellow mates too! It just depends on how well you research your options before choosing the set of activities you wish to indulge in. If you are traveling to Cabo with kids, listed below are some essential aspects that are required to be kept in mind.
Points to Keep in Mind when Heading to Cabo with Kids
- Some resorts may be “adults only” and it is important to check before you choose your Cabo accommodation. Also, some of these properties may have certain restrictions to the number of kids that can be accommodated in each room. You would need to inspect these preconditions ahead of booking. There are resorts in Cabo which are particularly meant for family outings. Choosing them would be a fantastic and magnificent idea. Some of these would also have great in-house activities for kids in order to keep them engaged for most parts. Special kid friendly meals would also be served.
- If you are planning to rent a villa for your Cabo holidays, it should be one that provides kid friendly features. Also, it would be prudent to check upon the safety norms for your children. So check on loose hanging wires, open switch boards, and unguarded terraces of railings and so on.
- If you are heading to the beaches of Cabo with your children, it is important to supervise them at all times. Never allow them to near the waves all by themselves. Even if they are simply playing with sand, the waves can run in any moment! Therefore, make sure you always remain present close enough.
- If the kids go swimming, equip them with floating tubes or arm floaters and be with them at all times. They should be able to depend on you at all times, even as they jump, swim and have a smashing time.
- Consider applying sunscreen on them for effective protection from the scorching Cabo sun. Remember, kids have tender skin textures and sunburns could be especially painful for them. Therefore, it is important to protect them well. You may even carry along wide brimmed hats as well as eye protection gear for added safety.
- Dehydration is common in Cabo, especially if you are indulging in outdoor activities. Therefore, it would be essential to carry plenty of bottled water along and urge them to drink up at frequent intervals.
- No matter how tempting the scents could seem, always discourage your kids from binging at beachside eateries. The hygiene levels may not be particularly remarkable here (well, sort of, certainly in the hot summers) and stomach infections are common. There are several other inexpensive places to eat at which are relatively safer.
Your Time to Relax & Unwind
Cabo holidays could prove to be fun and informative for inquisitive young minds. Just make sure you have managed all aspects well for ensuring a safe and secured environment for them to enjoy themselves in.
Posted by ben on Cabo San Lucas in cabo san lucas | 0 comments
The city of Cabo San Lucas which was originally a quaint fishing village is nothing less than a buzzing tourist hub today. And, the natural treasures of Cabo have had a marvelous role to play in its soaring success. If you haven’t been to Cabo before, the sheer diversity in landscape is bound to mesmerize you completely.
Lands End and Medano Beach
You have intriguing rock formations, vast expanse of deserts, mountainous terrains, rolling hills, lush green landscapes, and of course the most glorious beaches and coastlines you have ever come across! Listed below are some more interesting facts about Cabo that would help you to get familiar with the destination to a large extent.
Some Intriguing Facts about Cabo
- Cabo is home to an underwater sand waterfall. This spectacular site was discovered by Jacques Cousteau during his Baja adventures. It is situated way down into a foot canyon that is about 1,200 ft deep. However, it is a dive spot meant only for advanced level divers. If you are an amateur, this spot is best avoided. Not quite though. Anyone can scuba dive here with the minimum amount of experience. There have been scuba divers who have seen this sand waterfall who have just had about 15 minutes of training. That is another reason to come to Cabo, you do not have to worry about those unnecessary regulations imposed on you that exist in America. Just go see the dive shop near the new opera house at the corner of the marina.
- The Sea of Cortez is also called “The Aquarium of the World” owing to the variety of marine life present here. Therefore, it is indeed one of the best spots for diving and snorkeling, probably in the whole world. You can catch glimpses of several intriguing species of marine wildlife that you may not have spotted elsewhere.
- Marlin fishing is considered to be an extremely popular tourist activity in Cabo. In fact, Cabo is also known as the Striped Marlin Capital of the World. It is rumored that the most number of striped marlin has been caught in Cabo till date. Cabo also organizes the Blue Marlin Fishing Tournament which is the richest fishing event in the world offering a jackpot winning amount of $3 million! You can catch a glimpse of it if you travel in October. Other fishing tournaments are also held here at this time as long as the Japanese leave some fish for Mexico to catch in their own waters!
- Cabo is also known as the golfing capital of Mexico and if you have a taste in the game this could be one of the best places to visit. The Cabo area is home to as many as nine golf courses, all of which are public. Many of these are suited for championships and designed by greats like Jack Nicklaus and Robert Trent Jones the Second.
- Cabo San Lucas is also known for its complete range of fantastic restaurants. Some of the world’s famous chefs have their restaurants here including Manuel Arredendo and Larbi Dahrouch. However, it is important to know that eating out at these places in Cabo could be expensive. So, it is important to plan your budget ahead before deciding on which ones to visit.
Do not get Sunburned!
Mexicans are mainly friendly and you would feel more than welcome at this beach paradise. However, it would be important to keep safe, stick to bottled drinking water and use sun protection gear when you head out, especially if your travel has been planned in summer.
Posted by ben on Cabo San Lucas in activities | 0 comments
With the biggest holiday season of the approaching, your holiday plans might be undergoing their last minute transformations before final bookings can be processed. And, if it’s Cabo for Christmas this year, it is an accomplished choice indeed! Cabo_Mexico is a glorious Mexican beach locale that has loads to offer for its tourists. You have beaches, deserts, golf courses, eclectic natural structures and formations, and of course a highly well developed tourism infrastructure for supporting all your needs and requirements.
Christmas Time in Cabo
If you have planned your vacation during Christmas break, remember, its holiday time! Therefore, a locale like Cabo is bound to be buzzing with loads of activity and humungous crowds! So, if you aren’t comfortable brushing shoulders with too many people during your various tours and escapades, this time is best avoided. Christmas time is clearly not suited for savoring private moments in complete peace.
Similarly, owing to the huge demand for Cabo and its various activities, most of the bookings would have to be done in advance. You will need to have your air-tickets finalized and accommodation booked, well in advance. Also, depending on your preferences, you will need to prepare a list of activities you would like to indulge in. Once the list is ready, booking these trips in advance would be best suited. Do not keep anything for the last moment as disappointments may well be on the cards.
How is Christmas in Cabo Like?
Christmas in Cabo is decidedly colorful and complete with activities. The air of celebrations is all around. Special stalls are put up all across the towns of Cabo San Lucas and San Jose Del Cabo. There are special shows organized at the town square and they can be watched for free. Besides, shops would be stocking some of the best displays of local arts and handicraft items around this time. You can explore the terrains of Cabo on foot and choose whichever suits your style and pocket.
Besides, there is also something called the “mass for women” that is organized in churches of Cabo. Being part of a mass of this kind could be an unforgettable experience on various counts. It is completely different from the mass conducted at a usual church. The women sing beautifully and are completely drenched in devotion. Some of them even shed tears! Just watching it would be a worthy experience in many ways. This part of the Cabo culture is truly delightful, in real sense of the word.
Last, but definitely not the least, the climate in Cabo during the Christmas season is bound to be just right. Cabo experiences 365 days of sunshine almost, so there would be plenty of sunlight all around. However, owing to the onset of winters, the heat would be in check. So, you can actually make the most of the pleasant, crisp, and mildly cool climate for all your outdoor experiences. Just make sure you refrain from eating out at wrong places and tank up on enough of fluids before heading to the beaches.
Posted by ben on Cabo San Lucas in activities | 0 comments
The beaches of Cabo San Lucas are easily some of the best in the world and you can always choose to have a great time, indulging in a range of activities extended by these mesmerizing stretches of sun and sand. Apart from simple pleasures like swimming and sunbathing, the beaches in this part of the world are also famous of snorkeling and surfing. Especially, when it comes to snorkeling, Cabo has some of the best spots for indulging in this activity, in and around Mexico.
However, it needs to be understood some of these surfing spots in Cabo are reserved only for professionals, on account of safety concerns. However, beginners could also enjoy their attempts at other befitting spots and try to hone their skills to perfection and even take lessons. However, if you have planned your trip to Cabo for the sole aim of spending most of your time surfing, listed below are some essential tips to be abided by.
Some Tips for Your Cabo Surfing Tour
- The Time of the Trip: Appropriate scheduling of trip is important. Remember, Cabo experiences stormy weather towards the tail end of summer and this brings in voluminous waves to the shore, with more intense conditions for surfing. Whereas this might be a treat for advanced level surfers, beginners should consider planning the travel to Cabo during another season.
- Visit Zippers: The surfing action that takes place at Zippers is easily one of the best that Cabo Offers. This area is reserved only for the expert surfers and is indeed dangerous for amateurs because the waves break directly on the rocky reef. However, even if you are learning to surf, just watching these professional surfers could be a treat.
- Acapulquito for Beginners: As a beginner, one of the best places to head to is Acapulquito. However, the spot could be overflowing with surfing enthusiasts like you, especially through the weekends. So be prepared to share the waves with others here!
- Head to the Santa Lucia de Los Cerritos Beach: This spot is known as Cerritos too. You would have to take a bit of a small drive from the center of Cabo San Lucas to this spot. However, the drive could well be worth it since the waves are consistent here and the atmosphere is truly relaxed.
- Taking Lessons is a Good Idea: You could always taking surfing lessons for getting more and more comfortable in water. Choose hotels in Cabo that offer surfing lessons. You can even learn more by heading to one of the several surf shops located along the beaches. There is an incredible surfing beach near San Jose and closer to the airport from Cabo. Those waves are spectacular.
If you do not care to surf at least swim in the ocean or the Sea of Cortez. Why go to Cabo to lounge around in a swimming pool?
Surfing in Cabo is a truly delightful activity to indulge in. However, it is also important to take note of certain important safety concerns. The sun could be immensely powerful if your trip has been planned in the peak summer season. Therefore, it would be important to apply loads of sunscreen in order to protect yourself from the sun. Consider, tanking up on fluids since the heat could be overpowering at times.
The tourism infrastructure of Cabo San Lucas is highly developed and this is a sure-shot proof of the fact that tourists are more than welcome here! So, if you are planning a trip to Cabo San Lucas, expect a completely friendly environment and absolutely no resistance form locals in particular. They would be more than happy to have you here! After all, tourism is a major industry of Cabo and the more you spend here, the better it is for them!
However, it is always a marvelous idea to learn a bit more about the local ways of life when you heading to a brand new destination. After all, you wouldn’t wish to irk the locals in any way! Listed below are some essential points that could help you in conducting yourself in the most desired fashion possible.
Some Information about the Local Way of Life
Although the law and order scene of Cabo is magnificent compared to other Mexican locales, it is always important to be careful and refrain from befriending strangers. But because of Cabo’s outstanding geographic isolation, Cabo is much safer than Detroit, parts of LA, Chicago, or Northern Mexico. Happy vacationing!
Cabo beaches are some of the best in the world! And the choices provided are immensely varied too! Cabo is flanked by the wild waters of the Pacific and the milder Sea of Cortez, and therefore, the range of activities and extravagances are truly diverse. If you are headed to Cabo this holiday season, it would be essential to plan your Cabo vacations impeccably. Apart from making the most of the beach locales of this gorgeous destination, it would also be essential to explore all the other avenues provided as well! To start with, begin by visiting these popular beach spots!
Beach Hot-Spots of Cabo
- Chileno Beach: If you plan to head to the beaches for indulging in some aquatic splendors, the cool and serene waters of the Chileno Beach would be your ideal pick. This is a perfect place for swimming and snorkeling to your heart’s content. So, if you are traveling with friends who are enthusiasts of aquatic sports and activities, choose this spot as your top pick.
- Cannery Beaches: If you aren’t averse to the idea of brushing shoulders with locals, the Cannery Beaches could be your pick. Your kids can swim here and grab a sight of colorful fishes and corals. You too, could have a great time lounging around in the sun, making a few friends and perhaps even making merry with them!
- Playa Barco Vorado: This one is what you can call as a standard beach spot of Cabo. You will have all the usual tourist friendly features here. So, swim, snorkel, fish and do absolutely whatever your heart wishes. Sunbathing of course is an added plus.
- The Medano Beach: If you have headed to Cabo with your partner, the soft, velvety sands of the Medano Beach should be your ideal destination. Consider indulging in long walks by the beachside and spend some quiet moments in complete privacy. The waters are ideal for swimming as well.
- This beach is not far away from the bus stop or the parking garage either so you it will not take you too long to check out Cinepolis. This is spectacular movie theater and is not in downtown Cabo but a couple of miles away. It is not far and this theater is much better, for many reasons, than the theater nearest to this beach and the marina
- Playa Palmilla: The beach at Palmilla is best suited for those with a specific interest in diving. So, if you have similar interests, consider heading to Palmilla for a great experience. Take your children along as well. They could have a fun time watching the divers!
- Santa Maria: The beach of Santa Maria is for snorkelers. Therefore, if you are fond of snorkeling, do not miss this beachfront for anything in the world.
- The Lover’s Beach or Playa Del Amor: The Lover’s Beach is relatively quieter than most beach spots of Cabo. Consider heading to this beach-spot for swimming, snorkeling, tanning and so on. The delightful El Arco also lies nearby!
Remember, it is prudent to prepare yourself well for Cabo beach outings. For instance, the scorching heat of the sun could prove to be overpowering and harmful for the skin at times. So, arm yourself with loads of sunscreen and use hats and shades. It is also important to remain hydrated at all times. Carrying bottled drinking water wherever you go always helps. Good preparation will always make great holidays!
Posted by ben on Cabo San Lucas in Cabo Information | 0 comments
Holidays are indeed precious and when it’s a trip to a destination like Cabo San Lucas, it’s bound to be one shade dearer. And this means that arranging for every requirement that has a role in making your holidays the most special one, becomes all the more important. For a busy resort like Cabo, bookings have to be made in advance. So make sure your travel plans and accommodation options have been secured well ahead in time.
A Vacation of Grandeur
However, another way of preparing yourself would be to keep fit, alive and kicking for enjoying all that Cabo has to offer. And in order to achieve the same, sticking to safety norms and staying healthy during your Cabo tours and trips would be of prime importance. Listed below are some measures you should ideally undertake for savoring the pleasures of a hassle free and pleasurable Cabo vacation.
Directives for a Safe and Healthy Cabo Trip
- The persistent sunlight in Cabo is famous the world over. However, enjoying it or soaking in ample truckloads of Vitamin D should not become an uncontrolled fetish! Remember, the Cabo sun is pretty harsh, especially during the summer months and prolonged unprotected exposure would do more harm than good! So apart from arming yourself with sun protection gear like sunscreens with high SPF, wide brimmed hats and shades, you need to keep away from the sunlight during the peak afternoon hours from 12noon to about 4pm. Remember, severe sunburns can be painful enough to ruin your holiday and persistent exposure could even lead to skin cancer.
- If you are fond of drinking, being in a casual ambience like the one Cabo provides could easily push you into an overdrive! And alcohol abuse could have severe repercussions for sure. However, that in no way means that you must refrain from drinking altogether. Just being a little careful would be essentially enough. So, keep well hydrated and sleep enough for keeping your immune system rejuvenated. Also, make sure you know more about the signs of alcohol poisoning like altered consciousness, slow respiration and so on.
- It is important to be careful when swimming in Cabo. Make sure you stick to safety directives and refrain from being over adventurous. The waters of the Pacific Ocean can be extremely dangerous even for the most seasoned of swimmers. Consider keeping a strict vigil on children and refrain from going into the sea on a stormy day. The red flags must be taken extremely seriously. Remember, most of the beaches of Cabo may not have coastguards. Therefore, it is important to be all the more careful.
- You do not even want to swim on Divorce beach at all. They should call that “widow beach.”
Besides the above, it would also be essential for you be careful of eating at roadside stalls and drinking free-flowing water. It is pretty obvious where you can eat or where you should eat at. If you just eat at McDonald’s or some expensive restaurant that serves mythical food you really are not eating genuine Mexican food. Well, certainly if you only at the former.
Bottled Water all the Way
Always stick to bottled water in order to prevent diarrhea or any other bacteria from entering your body – not even the locals drink the local water. Cabo San Lucas is also known for its road accidents. So, if you prefer driving your own rented vehicle when you are in Cabo, make sure you stick to safety norms. It would also be necessary to carry your driving license along, at all times. You have to be able to verify who you are.
Hey, your driver’s license in Cabo is good enough for you to rent and drive a car there.