Posted by ben on Cabo San Lucas in cabo beaches, Cabo Information, cabo san lucas | Comments Off
Cabo San Lucas has emerged as a highly popular tourist destination on account of its gorgeous weather and magnificent sea arches. The Pacific coasts of Los Cabos provide ideal settings for a host of water activities in Cabo. Cruises and short trips are also very popular here. So, before you head out for a vacation to Cabo San Lucas make sure you have made ideal preparations for enjoying Cabo water activities. It would be essential to stack up on suitable clothing, sunscreen, and sun protection gear and so on. Reservations for Cabo tours and activities should also be made in advance for confirmed availability. Some of the tours and trips you can choose from have been listed here for your benefit.
Water Activities and Cruises in Cabo
- Fiesta Dinner Cruise: This dinner cruise begins its journey by touring the Lover’s Beach following the Arch and Land’s End and then onto the waters of the Pacific Ocean. Delicious beef along with chicken tacos and homemade salsa are served on board. You can also gorge on some delectable rice beans, quesadillas, freshly grilled veggies and guacamole too. Tropical fruit cocktails are also served on board. Top Latin inspired hits and rhythms are also played on board. So, you can dance away as the lively crew participating in the fun. Transportation and gratuities are excluded from the list.
- Glass Bottom Boat Ride: A glass bottom boat ride would be truly unique. You can see the deep blue waters of the sea through the glass bottom. This incredible trip is ideal for you if you are keen on studying sea life along with prominent destinations like the Famous Arch, The Lover’s Beach, The Window, The Sea Lion Colony, The Pelican Rock and the Famous Arch. Gratuities are excluded here as well.
- Snorkel and Sea Adventure: Get ready to head out to some of the most magnificent beaches and coves of Cabo. You can also catch a glimpse of the who’s who of Cabo on the way. The tour will provide you with an expert guide who will provide you with useful inputs about the area as well as the sea life while you check out the humpback whales and dolphins. However, whales would only be available during winter time. Finally, the trip drops anchor is a cove where you can snorkel and kayak in the clear safe water looking for tropical fish, sea turtles as well as stingrays. Water scooters would also be provided for power snorkeling. Gratuities are excluded.
- Whale Watching Photo Safari: This trip is specialized one that is designed for capturing the magical moments of encountering humpback whales and wild dolphins in the magnificent waters of the Sea of Cortez. The essence of this trip would be to enjoy the sights of wildlife and savor these precious moments for later. Guides will escort you during this trip providing you knowledgeable insights about different species.
A Vacation of Wonder
Cabo holidays are about complete fun, frolic, and entertainment! So, brace yourselves for a lot of energy pumping and excitement. Well, or some simple peace and quiet along the beach.
Posted by ben on Cabo San Lucas in Cabo Information | 0 comments
Cabo Mexico vacations could prove to be expensive. The destination is primarily positioned as a luxury vacation destination. Thankfully, there are some online holiday deal providers who offer you some of the best deals online. Seeking these deals at the right time would certainly help in bringing down your vacation expenses substantially! Just make sure you have sourced them through trusted platforms, ensuring their sanctity. Some of the best Cabo deals you can avail of with respect to accommodation options in Cabo have been listed here for your benefit.
Accommodation Deals for Cabo: Best Picks
- The Los Milagros Hotel: Located close to the Land’s End, Plaza Bonita as well as the EL Arco and the Playa Del Amor, The Los Milagros Hotel houses a restaurant, an outdoor pool and also a spacious garden. Guestrooms are equipped with air conditioning, cable televisions as well as refrigerators with kitchens. Currently, the property is offering a 25% discount on tourist stays before June 30th, 2013. Bookings must be completed before July 1st.
- The Riu Palace All Inclusive: This one is a five story Spanish styled property that provides all inclusive deals. There are 642 rooms with attached balconies. Some suites offer a view of the Sea of the Cortez. Rooms are provided with mini bars, liquor dispensers, satellite television, safes with laptop compatibility and so on. Complimentary Wi-Fi is also provided. The property is offering a discount of 16% for stays before June 6th, 2013 and a discount of 20% for tourists who wish to plan their stays from July 7th to August 17th, 2013. The resort is located at a distance of 3kms from the city center.
- Esperenza Resort: Located on a private beach, the Esperenza Resort can be reached easily from the Widows Beach, the Cabo Del Sol Golf Club, and the Santa Maria Beach. Facilities include an outdoor pool, a spa club and health club. You can also enjoy complimentary internet access and complimentary breakfast along with your star. Rooms have hair dryers, bathrobes, DVD players, and minibars among other essential facilities. The resort is offering the 4th night of stay free to its guests who choose to plan their stay ahead of July 31st.
- Sandos Finisterra: Again located on a quiet private beach, this property is located within walking distance of the international airport. The property offers a range of services including babysitting, car rental as well as a gift shop. Daily activities like cooking, Spanish classes, and bartending can also be arranged. There are about 200 air conditioned rooms for guests and amenities include television sets with premium channels, tea and coffee makers, minibars, and so on. The property has been freshly renovated in January 2011. There is a Cinco de Mayo sale going on here.
All Aspects Considered
Although it may seem prudent to choose on the basis of prices when it comes to Cabo hotel deals, practically, a lot more has to be looked into. Check for location convenience and other factors such as reputation, professionalism, reviews, and website appearance too, before you choose.
Cabo Mexico holidays can prove to be truly elaborate. Considering that there are a range of options on offer, there would be pretty much to plan for. Also, if you are traveling with a huge group, there would be pretty much to arrange for including ticket bookings, special needs and requirements if any, booking confirmations and so on. Listed below are some essential steps to undertake when planning your Cabo holidays with your friends and family.
Planning your Cabo Trips: Essential Steps
First Step—Determining the Purpose of the Holiday: Cabo vacations could be planned for various purposes. There is pretty much you can do here! Therefore, the focus of your vacation would have to be determined at the outset. For instance, would you be keen on a Cabo beach holiday or a Mexican golfing vacation? Is sightseeing your prerogative or are you keener on spending some quiet moments exploring the landscape with your partner? These are some of the questions to ask in order to determine your choice of accommodation, activities and other things.
Second Step—Booking Travel and Accommodation: Now that the purpose and focus of your holiday has been determined, it is now time to book your travel and accommodation. What best to do than scour through online deals here! Make sure you visit several trusted deal providers in search of the best and the most cost effective ones possible. Consider bulk discounts if you have a huge group traveling with you. Considering the extreme popularity of Cabo as a tourist resort, there could be scores of deals on offer at a certain point in time. However, it is up to you to be able to choose the right ones that suit your preferences and budgets. Make sure you do not forget to receive confirmation on your bookings. Checking on cancellation and rescheduling procedures would also be prudent.
Third Step—Packing Right: Now that the bookings are done, it would be time to pack. So make sure you haven’t forgotten essential documents including your passport, sun protection gear, light summery clothing, necessary medications and so on. Make sure you have consulted your local consulate for a list of articles that you should not be carrying along for a valid entry into Mexico. Any problems during your customs check at the airport could spoil the mood of your holiday! In case you wish to rent a private car and drive on your own through the picturesque locales of Cabo, your American driving license, if you have one, would suffice. So make sure you carry it along with you when you pack.
Also, you could choose to consult your travel service provider to seek additional advice on stuff you wish to carry. It is always fantastic and suitable to have a travel agent who provides some additional advice for the familiarizing process. This is not the time to make assumptions.
Knowing the Landscape
In addition, once you reach Cabo San Lucas, make sure you keep some local numbers handy. You could keep the number of the nearest police station (they sell some cool hats and t-shirts in their office) and the closest hospital handy in order to tackle emergencies. The local contact point of your travel agent should also remain accessible in case you have queries on arrival.
If you are confused about which location to select for your coveted vacations, Cabo Mexico could prove to be a preferred choice. Irrespective of whether you plan to travel with your family members, friends or your partner alone, Cabo San Lucas vacations would have something in it for everyone. But what makes Cabo vacations special? Why must you prefer it over all others? What could be the primary reasons responsible for making Mexican vacations to Cabo; fun, enjoyable, convenient as well as cost effective? Answers to some of these questions have been provided here for your reference.
Holidays to Cabo: What makes them Special
Some of the prominent specialties of Cabo holidays include:
- Spectacular Weather: Cabo San Lucas is blessed with almost 360 days of sunshine (there is a winter and a summer though). The temperatures remain an ambient 78F for most parts of the year. However, the heat could be overpowering during the months of May to September when the temperature hits the 100F mark (do not forget about the humidity). Hurricanes and storms are occasional and the water temperature of the Sea of Cortez also remains at a very ambient 72F. So, provided the currents aren’t too strong, it is safe for swimming all round the year.
- Convenience of Travel: Whether you are traveling from America or Canada, the travel distances are short. Airlines would be the fastest way of reaching Cabo San Lucas. When you book your tickets, the arrival destination would be Los Cabos International Airport. It is located about 8miles towards the north of the city of San Jose Del Cabo and 29 minutes to the northeast of Cabo San Lucas. Flights that depart to most prominent destinations connect the Los Cabos International Airport to the rest of the world. Hiring taxis from here to Cabo San Lucas could prove to be very expensive. Therefore, it would be prudent to book your ground transportation way ahead in time.
- The Safest Destination of Mexico: Although one off incidents do occur sometimes, Cabo Mexico is by and large safe. Even through dangerous situations have occurred in the past, most were actually preventable. According to the stats furnished by the American Department of Commerce, only about 0.0013% tourists who travel to this part of the world experience non-natural deaths! That’s truly a very small number. However, dropping your guard may not be a good idea at all. If you feel unsafe doing something or going somewhere, it’s best to avoid it. Common safety rules need to be followed at all times.
- Highly Developed Tourism Infrastructure: Cabo San Lucas Mexico is an immensely popular tourist destination. Therefore, there would be a hugely flourishing tourism infrastructure to exploit when you decide to travel to this part of the world. Depending upon the budget you have, you can choose budget properties with bed and breakfast deals, mid ranged hotels or resorts as well as lavish and luxurious properties. Villas, condos and apartments would also be on offer.
A Jewel at the Tip of the Peninsula
And needless to mention, Cabo beach vacations are likely to be the best in the world with loads of activities and fun filled recreational options in store. All you need to do is to pack your bags and head out!
Top Cabo Clubs and Bars
If you are traveling to Cabo Mexico with a group of friends and wish to have a spectacular time, there would be no dearth of options to explore. The clubs and bars in Cabo that come alive during the nighttime are some of the best in Mexico! You can head out in your best attire with your pals in tow and have an amazing time amidst sumptuous food, refreshing drinks, and outstanding music! The top destinations to visit have been listed here for your benefit.
Cabo Clubs and Bars: The Top Choices
- The Cabo Wabo Cantina: This bar, club and restaurant features among the top places to party in Mexico as well as the world. It holds a distinguished status as a great night spot and is said to have introduced the Cabo way of life, as we see it today.
- The Baja Junkie: Positioned as a premier hangout for celebrities at large, The Baja Junkie offers an enjoyable experience shrouded in a funky appeal. Over the years, this favorite Cabo nightspot has earned international fame and features in various reality shows and music videos.
- Club Ninety Six: This one is the finest beach club of Mexico located on the Palmilla Beach. You can enjoy swimming, indulge in your favorite water-sport or simply sip your wine and enjoy the glorious views surrounding the premises.
- El Squid Roe: A nightclub, restaurant, and dance club; El Squid Roe is one of the most crowded places buzzing with life and enlivening the night scene of Cabo San Lucas. Iconic in its own right, it is easily one of the most popular hangouts for those preferring to have a good time dancing away to favorite tunes. So, if you are trying to have a firsthand feel of Cabo nightlife, this one is likely to be your destination.
- Fumari Café and Hookah Bar: If you are looking for a complete chilled out experience, visiting this place would be ideal. You could sip on delicious cocktails, and indulge in a range of hookah flavors including mango, apple, chocolate, vanilla, and berries.
- Happy Ending Cantina: Located at the heart of Cabo’s bar and nightclub district, this place is easily accessible from any Cabo accommodation that you might have chosen. It is handicapped accessible and Wi-Fi can be accessed from over 60 countries. All these unique features make it one of the most preferred destinations of Cabo.
- Harley Davidson: This one is a full-fledged bar that provides the most delicious hamburgers in Cabo. You can drop in for some alcoholic beverages and delicious burgers, making up for a quick meal.
- Knotty: This happens to be one of the newest and hottest inclusions on Cabo’s club scene. It is specifically meant for the young and the enthusiastic travelers heading down to Cabo for having a good time.
- La Mentirosa Bar: For enjoying a purely local atmosphere in San Jose Del Cabo, the La Mentirosa Bar is the best place. You can enjoy the best drinks and culinary delights Baja has to offer, right here.
- La Vista: La Vista is one of the chosen destinations to visit for savoring the views of the Sea of Cortez coupled with trendy cocktails as well as earthy liquors.
A Vacation that Standsout
Depending on your preferences, you can choose your destination for savoring the pleasures of Cabo nightlife in its full glory.
One of the biggest draws to Los Cabos Mexico is its gorgeous climate. And, tourists from countries that primarily experience a cold damp weather for most parts of the year come here in large numbers to soak in the sun and indulge in loads of beach activities. Although it is debated whether Cabo San Lucas experiences 300 or 350 days of flourishing sunshine, primarily, it is sunny territory with the exception of a few storms here and there.
If you are planning a trip to Cabo however, understanding the Cabo climate conditions in greater depths would be essential. Some detailed insights have been provided here for your reference.
Cabo Weather: Prevailing Temperatures
The average temperatures for Cabo San Lucas would hover around 78˚F to about 80˚F during early spring and later fall. During the months of January and February, the temperatures dip to the below 70˚F mark. The temperatures during the night are around 60F and could even be lower at times.
Therefore, you could well do with a light jacket or a cardigan for your evening adventures in Cabo. Summer arrives in the month of May which is when the temperatures tend to touch the 100˚F mark. The nights are cooler at 70˚F to 80˚F. The humidity is at its peak during the tropical storm season that spans through August and September.
Rain and Tropical Storms in Cabo
There isn’t much rain in Los Cabos. It is only about 10 inches per year, coming most likely in September through early October. Sometimes, sudden downpours do cause flashfloods. Tropical storms are prevalent from the month of May to November.
These storms are strong enough for triggering heavy rainfall of about 12mm that lasts for a year. Hurricanes have proved to be pretty destructive in the past as well. Therefore, it would always be advised to pay heed to hurricane warnings and take them seriously when chalking out your travel plans.
Considering that the beaches of Cabo take center-stage during your Cabo holidays, ocean conditions would also have to be checked in order to ensure that you enjoy safe outings by the beach. The water temperatures average around 72˚F. It could increase to the mid 80s during the summer months. Winds are prevalent during the winter months and bring in a hint of the chill.
Climate Related Precautions
Wearing sunscreen always is essential when in Cabo San Lucas. Choose biodegradable compounds for protecting the delicate desert as well as ocean ecosystems. Visitors are also required to pay attention to their alcohol and caffeine intake since these would tend to cause dehydration. Make sure you keep yourself hydrated at all times.
You must consume at least a full gallon of water every day per person. Choose to drink bottled water only. Nothing else is practically safe and traveler’s diarrhea is pretty common here. The local shops would remain closed between 1 and 4 pm for the midday siesta but not the tourist shop (only dentists and businesses of that nature). Therefore, make sure you have enough water bottles in stock to last through.
The climate in Los Cabos is truly gorgeous in true sense of the word.
Planning a trip to Cabo Mexico could involve sufficient time. You will need to ensure that your rentals as well as flight tickets for travel and transits have been booked way ahead in time. Besides, essential facts and information related to your Cabo travel would also have to be accessed in order to plan a safe and hassle free travel. For one, it would be essential to know what all you would be allowed to carry into Mexico and the local Cabo cultural traditions and customs you must follow in order to feel at home.
Holidays to Cabo: What are the Standard Items you are allowed to carry?
The standard items you are allowed to carry along for entering Mexico would include:
- Personal Belongings: These would include your clothes of course, footwear, products for beauty and personal hygiene, and so on.
- Cell Phones: Up to a couple of cell phones is allowed for every traveler wishing to avail of entry into Mexico.
- Cameras: You can carry a couple of cameras and about 12 rolls of videotapes or films when you arrive. Anything more would be confiscated.
- Other Electronic Equipment: You could carry a laptop, used or brand new. You could also carry along a projector and a printer. You will also be allowed to carry along a DVD player and a CD player. You can also carry a musical instrument of your choice.
- Sports Equipment: You are allowed to carry along a couple of surfboards, about four fishing rods, a couple of skis and a couple of other used or brand new sports gear.
- Liquor or Cigarettes: You are allowed to take along around 20 packets of cigarettes, 25 cigars or about 200 grams of powdered tobacco only. You will also be allowed to take along about 3 liters of liquor or the same quantity of wine.
Remember, however, that this is by far a standard list. It would be best to check with your local embassy for current updates. For instance, guns aren’t permitted. Prescription medications are required to be supported by documentation and so on. Rules and regulations are liable to change.
Local Customs to be Aware of During Your Holidays to Cabo
- Remember, the pace of life is slow. So never be in a hurry.
- It isn’t customary to bring a restaurant tab unless you have specifically asked for it.
- Tipping attendants at the gas station is a custom here. However, tipping cab drivers is not a norm here. It could be that the cab driver you come across is asking for a tip simply because he is used to the tipping practice adhered to by American travelers who come here in huge numbers.
- Unless you are eating out or shopping at one of the local malls, bargaining is expected here.
- Often, you would come across kids selling small items like chocolates and gum. However, the locals do not appreciate you buying from them because they are exploited by adults and engaged for making money.
Making sure Your Vacation Runs Properly
Coming to terms with Cabo traditions and norms is essential for planning hassle free trips. Therefore, make sure you read up as much as you can. Your Cabo holidays would promise to be loads of fun when you are armed with essential information.